How much paid time off is your employer offering you this year?
Did you have leftover paid time off (vacation, sick time, etc.) last year?
- Yes - 60.70%
- No - 39.30%
How much of the paid time off you got last year did you not use?
What was the main reason you didn’t use all of your paid time off last year?
- I was saving it to carry over - 36.83%
- My workload - 16.29%
- I wasn’t sick enough to use all my sick time - 10.94%
- I felt like I needed to be in the office - 9.82%
- I forgot to take it - 6.03%
- I was trying to get a promotion - 5.13%
- I felt pressured not to take it - 4.46%
- I didn’t feel comfortable asking for time off - 3.35%
- We have a culture of not taking time off - 2.90%
- My manager wouldn’t approve it - 2.46%
- Other - 1.79%
Do you have unlimited paid time off for vacation?
- Yes - 16.12%
- No - 83.88%
How many vacation days did you take as part of the unlimited paid time off policy?
- 0 days - 5.88%
- 1-5 days - 33.61%
- 6-10 days - 28.57%
- 11-15 days - 14.29%
- 16-20 days - 5.88%
- 21-25 days - 4.20%
- 26-30 days - 3.36%
- 31-51+ days - 4.20%
How does your employer allocate paid time off?
- I accrue paid time off and can carry all my time over into the next year. - 33.74%
- I accrue paid time off and can carry some days over into the next year. - 27.91%
- I accrue paid time off and cannot carry days over into next year. - 16.26%
- I get an annual allowance up front and can carry all my time over into the next year. - 5.28%
- I get an annual allowance up front and can carry some days over into next year. - 4.47%
- I get an annual allowance and cannot carry over days into next year. - 10.70%
- Other - 1.63%
How long does it usually take for your paid time off request to be approved?
- Less than an hour - 19.65%
- A day - 33.88%
- A few days - 26.02%
- A week - 10.57%
- A few weeks - 5.83%
- A month - .95%
- A few months - .54%
- Longer than a few months - .41%
- My paid time off is not usually approved by the time I need the day off. - .54%
- I approve my own paid time off. - 1.63%
Have you worked (for example, checked your inbox) while taking paid time off in the past year?
- Yes - 52.17%
- No - 45.66%
- I don’t know - 2.17%
In the past year, I have:
Before the past year, I had:
Are you allowed to use sick time for mental health days?
- Yes, and we’re encouraged to use sick time that day. - 29.81%
- Yes, but we don’t tell human resources or other authority figures. - 21.00%
- No, but we use sick time for mental health days anyway. - 16.94%
- No, and there’s no way to use sick time for mental health. - 5.96%
- I don’t know. - 18.29%
- I do not get paid sick time. - 7.99%
Which of the following statements best applies to you?
- I am always honest with my manager about the reason why I need time off. - 68.02%
- I have misled my manager about the reason why I need time off. - 20.87%
- I never tell my manager the reason why I need time off. - 11.11%
What were you actually doing the occasion(s) when you misled your manager about the reason you needed time off?
Are there conflicts at work over taking time off for any of the following holidays?
Which of the following is most true of your workplace during popular times to take time off, such as spring break or Thanksgiving week?
- Someone gets their feelings hurt. - 3.39%
- Seniority rules for getting time off. - 16.80%
- No one is allowed to take that time off. - 5.01%
- Managers let employees decide who gets that time off. - 8.27%
- We use a luck-based method to decide who gets the time off. - 4.20%
- There are battles over who gets the time off. - 4.88%
- Employees call in sick if they didn’t get the day off. - 7.05%
- Everyone who wants the time off can get it. - 19.24%
- We have a fair way to decide who gets the time off. - 25.20%
- Other - 5.96%
Does your employer do any of the following?